“Nave of Arundel Church,” from M.A. Tierney, The History and Antiquities of the Castle and Town of Arundel: Including the Biography of Its Earls, from the Conquest to the Present Time. London: G. And W. Nicol, 1834. Volume 2, facing p. 743.
This is perhaps Edward Lear’s first published non-zoological illustration; he must have made it during one of his frequent visits to Arundel, where his sister Sarah had married and where he met some of his first supporters.