Search this site:
- The Edward Lear 2012 Celebrations
- Ship of Fools. All Aboard!
- Lear’s Diaries
- A Chronology of Lear’s Life
- EL. Landscape Painter and Poet
- Bibliographies and Links
On Lear and Nonsense
- A Very Good Children’s Book (1865)
- Nonsense Verse, &c. (1880)
- Word-Twisting Versus Nonsense (1887)
- Concerning Nonsense (1889)
- Delightful Nonsense (1890)
- G.K. Chesterton, A Defence of Nonsense (1902)
- The Poems in Alice in Wonderland (1903)
- Limericks (1903)
- Ian Malcolm on Edward Lear (1908)
- G.K. Chesterton, Two Kinds of Paradox (1911)
- H. Jackson, Masters of Nonsense (1912)
- H. Hawthorne, Edward Lear (1916)
- G.K. Chesterton, Child Psychology and Nonsense (1921)
- How Pleasant to Know Mr Lear (1932)
- G.K. Chesterton, Both Sides of the Looking-Glass (1933)
- G.K. Chesterton, Humour (1938)
- G. Orwell, Nonsense Poetry (1945)
- George Orwell, Funny, But Not Vulgar (1945)
- Michele Sala, Lear’s Nonsense: Beyond Children’s Literature
- More Articles
- A Note to Miss Cobden nonsenselit.wordpress.com/2017/04/19/a-n… https://t.co/l4ICxy236J 1 week ago
- Easter Reading Suggestions nonsenselit.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/eas… https://t.co/s7ekGgLHNJ 1 week ago
- A Few More Lear Family Portraits nonsenselit.wordpress.com/2017/04/11/a-f… https://t.co/0wz8IWQVNt 2 weeks ago
Author Archives: Marco Graziosi
Edward Lear appears to have met “a Rev. Mr. & Miss Cobden” at Emma Parkyns’s in 1859. Villa Emily San Remo 15.March.1881 Dear Miss Cobden, I had to send an answer to your note very hurriedly, – not wishing to … Continue reading
Several articles on Edward Lear and Nonsense literature from Conceição Pereira: Pereira, Conceição. “Nonsense e Literatura Infantil: os Limericks de Edward Lear.” A Criança, a Língua, o Imaginário e o Texto Literário. Actas do II Congresso Internacional. Universidade do Minho – … Continue reading
[I prepared this post together with the one on the portrait of nine-year-old Edward Lear by his sister Ann over three years ago, but then inexplicably forgot to post it; like the previous one it is mostly based on material from the … Continue reading
Il Sole 24 ore, 5 March 2017.
Il Sole 24 ore, 6 November 2016.
Il Sole 24 ore, 11 Decembere 2016.
Form Il Sole 24 ore, 19 March 2017.