Search this site:
- Biographical Essays
- Ship of Fools. All Aboard!
- Lear’s Diaries
- A Chronology of Lear’s Life
- EL. Landscape Painter and Poet
- Bibliographies and Links
- The Edward Lear 2012 Celebrations
On Lear and Nonsense
- A Very Good Children’s Book (1865)
- Nonsense Verse, &c. (1880)
- Word-Twisting Versus Nonsense (1887)
- Concerning Nonsense (1889)
- Delightful Nonsense (1890)
- G.K. Chesterton, A Defence of Nonsense (1902)
- The Poems in Alice in Wonderland (1903)
- Limericks (1903)
- Ian Malcolm on Edward Lear (1908)
- G.K. Chesterton, Two Kinds of Paradox (1911)
- H. Jackson, Masters of Nonsense (1912)
- H. Hawthorne, Edward Lear (1916)
- G.K. Chesterton, Child Psychology and Nonsense (1921)
- How Pleasant to Know Mr Lear (1932)
- G.K. Chesterton, Both Sides of the Looking-Glass (1933)
- G.K. Chesterton, Humour (1938)
- G. Orwell, Nonsense Poetry (1945)
- George Orwell, Funny, But Not Vulgar (1945)
- Michele Sala, Lear’s Nonsense: Beyond Children’s Literature
- More Articles
Category Archives: General
Michael Heyman, one of the leading experts on world nonsense literature, has created a new website: Gromboolia: The Nonsense Art and Literature Site. It includes an anthology linking to several examples of nonsense literature, music, comics and so on, as … Continue reading
Several articles on Edward Lear and Nonsense literature from Conceição Pereira: Pereira, Conceição. “Nonsense e Literatura Infantil: os Limericks de Edward Lear.” A Criança, a Língua, o Imaginário e o Texto Literário. Actas do II Congresso Internacional. Universidade do Minho – … Continue reading
Il Sole 24 ore, 5 March 2017.
Il Sole 24 ore, 6 November 2016.
Il Sole 24 ore, 11 Decembere 2016.
Form Il Sole 24 ore, 19 March 2017.
How to get a grip – scant-toed chick number twenty-one at Bowman’s Lodge (Holloway), dislodged unfledged pink & clueless – sixty-odd years on? Eye skyward, whence come fantastical figments marvellous skews that fly thin air against our limits. Flap-flap absolomly … Continue reading