Search this site:
- Biographical Essays
- Ship of Fools. All Aboard!
- Lear’s Diaries
- A Chronology of Lear’s Life
- EL. Landscape Painter and Poet
- Bibliographies and Links
- The Edward Lear 2012 Celebrations
On Lear and Nonsense
- A Very Good Children’s Book (1865)
- Nonsense Verse, &c. (1880)
- Word-Twisting Versus Nonsense (1887)
- Concerning Nonsense (1889)
- Delightful Nonsense (1890)
- G.K. Chesterton, A Defence of Nonsense (1902)
- The Poems in Alice in Wonderland (1903)
- Limericks (1903)
- Ian Malcolm on Edward Lear (1908)
- G.K. Chesterton, Two Kinds of Paradox (1911)
- H. Jackson, Masters of Nonsense (1912)
- H. Hawthorne, Edward Lear (1916)
- G.K. Chesterton, Child Psychology and Nonsense (1921)
- How Pleasant to Know Mr Lear (1932)
- G.K. Chesterton, Both Sides of the Looking-Glass (1933)
- G.K. Chesterton, Humour (1938)
- G. Orwell, Nonsense Poetry (1945)
- George Orwell, Funny, But Not Vulgar (1945)
- Michele Sala, Lear’s Nonsense: Beyond Children’s Literature
- More Articles
- And What About Charles? nonsenselit.wordpress.com/2017/07/24/and… https://t.co/b8fbVYYMXI 1 day ago
- “Twentieth of Twenty-one”: Edward Lear and his Siblings (3) nonsenselit.wordpress.com/2017/07/19/twe… https://t.co/V13mUZWT7Y 6 days ago
- Birds Like Us | Jenny Uglow on a small Quentin Blake exhibition nybooks.com/daily/2017/07/… via @nybooks 6 days ago
Tag Archives: animals
Il Sole 24 ore, 5 March 2017.
Il Sole 24 ore, 6 November 2016.
Il Sole 24 ore, 11 Decembere 2016.
Form Il Sole 24 ore, 19 March 2017.
Several letters by Edward Lear were auctioned last September at Forum Auctions. I would be interested in knowing where they ended up, especially the two containing nonsense and pictures. One from 1848 to Charles Church on their travels in Greece … Continue reading
Bonhams have added two drawings, both dated April 1846, to the lot in the previous post: [Two Mallards.] E. Lear. del. apl. 15. 1846. [A Black Swan.] E. Lear. del. April. 17. 1846.