Search this site:
- The Edward Lear 2012 Celebrations
- Ship of Fools. All Aboard!
- Lear’s Diaries
- A Chronology of Lear’s Life
- EL. Landscape Painter and Poet
- Bibliographies and Links
On Lear and Nonsense
- A Very Good Children’s Book (1865)
- Nonsense Verse, &c. (1880)
- Word-Twisting Versus Nonsense (1887)
- Concerning Nonsense (1889)
- Delightful Nonsense (1890)
- G.K. Chesterton, A Defence of Nonsense (1902)
- The Poems in Alice in Wonderland (1903)
- Limericks (1903)
- Ian Malcolm on Edward Lear (1908)
- G.K. Chesterton, Two Kinds of Paradox (1911)
- H. Jackson, Masters of Nonsense (1912)
- H. Hawthorne, Edward Lear (1916)
- G.K. Chesterton, Child Psychology and Nonsense (1921)
- How Pleasant to Know Mr Lear (1932)
- G.K. Chesterton, Both Sides of the Looking-Glass (1933)
- G.K. Chesterton, Humour (1938)
- G. Orwell, Nonsense Poetry (1945)
- George Orwell, Funny, But Not Vulgar (1945)
- Michele Sala, Lear’s Nonsense: Beyond Children’s Literature
- More Articles
- An Edward Lear Unpublished Alphabet nonsenselit.wordpress.com/2016/07/20/an-… https://t.co/EJCYsXHhxO 3 days ago
- Edward Lear, Porto Tre Scoglie,@Albania nonsenselit.wordpress.com/2016/07/19/edw… https://t.co/ay98ai0BcD 4 days ago
- Edward Lear, Mount Lebanon (1866) nonsenselit.wordpress.com/2016/07/18/edw… https://t.co/Kq8LgMqfbQ 5 days ago
Tag Archives: illustration
Charles Newington: “A Musical Interlude With Mr Edward Lear,” circa 2001. A folio of seventeen aquatints, each signed by the artist and inscribed in pencil: Artists Proof for Spike Milligan, the majority also titled, together with CD and other related items, … Continue reading
Harper’s Round Table, vol. 18, 5 November 1896, p. 24.
Harper’s New Monthly, August 1894, p. 486.
Peter Newell, Autograph Note Signed and with Original Sketch within a Second Signature. 5.5 x 3.5 inches. Newell used similar signatures on the back covers of his books too. Heritage Auctions.
Peter Newell, Signed Original Pencil Sketch. 3.5 x 2 inches. Heritage Auctions.
Peter Newell, A Hearty Laugh. Drawing on paper. 5 x 8 inches. Signed. Heritage Auctions.